Terms and conditions for hiring Auditorium
A) . General
- Swami Vivekanand Auditorium of Sangeet Natak Akademi New Delhi, presently being looked after by Kathak Kendra has a capacity of Maximum 80 persons(Floor sitting). No extra sitting is permitted. Sitting on steps or standing in corridor or anywhere is not allowed as per fire safety rules.
- Swami Vivekanand Auditorium is available for cultural performances and programmes for Indian and Asian Heritage Arts. Total number of performing artists will not exceed more than Ten.
- There will NOT be more than 12 persons in the Green Room at a time.
- Kathak Kendra reserves the right to cancel the booking of the Hall to any party without assigning any reason.
- Kathak Kendra reserves its right to evict / remove any person / guest / invitee of the organizers / Booking Party, if it is established that organisation’s persons are misbehaving or indulging in any activity which is in violation of rules and regulations of Kathak Kendra or detrimental to the interests of Kathak Kendra or its reputation. Further if the same is illegal / unlawful / or prohibited by law or indecent.
Backdrop : Only cloth or size : 3 ft height x 6 ft width along with stands or flexi stand. pinup on the curtanins are not allowed.
B) . Following are the responsibilities of the booking party
- Supervision at the gates and ushering of guests to their seats. Ensuring strict discipline in the Hall.
- Full responsibility for liaison with police for maintenance of law and order, traffic control etc. under intimation to Kathak Kendra.
- Payment of Municipal or other taxes, if any.
- The Booking Party will strictly ensure that not more than 80 guests enter the Hall. Booking Party will ensure strict compliance of these norms failing which reserves the right to refuse entry / or stop / suspend the show, without refund of show charges.
C) . Seats reserved for kathak kendra
Six seats (Row ‘B’) of the Auditorium are reserved exclusively for the Kathak Kendra and booking party will have no right to allot these seats of their own to the invitees and said, seats shall remain vacant during the function.
D) . Rules & regulations :
- No cash payment is allowed. Cheque / Demand draft Should be made in the name of Director Kathak Kendra Payee’s A/c only on Delhi Bank. For outside Parties only Bank Draft payable at Delhi Bank will be acceptable.
- Booking of the Auditorium will be confirmed only on receipt of full payment in advance and when once the hall booking is confirmed, No transfer of booking to a third party is allowed.
- Kathak Kendra will not be liable for any loss of property of the booking party or cancellation of programme due to failure of Electricity or any equipment or any natural calamities. Any damage by booking party to Swami Vivekanand Auditorium property is payable by the booking party.
- No Oil Lamp or Flower or any décor is permitted in the Auditorium.
- Smoking or alcohol is strictly prohibited anywhere within the premises of Kathak Kendra Nor are any food articles, weapons, bottles, briefcases, handbags, tiffin boxes, mobile phone allowed in the Auditorium.
- Posters / banners / publicity material is allowed to be displayed only at the specified places provided for the purpose. No banners are permitted outside on the railing or lawn. Please get Prior approval for this.
- For the purpose of Seminars and Conference, up to 6 chair and 2 tables with 2 sheets will provided by Kathak Kendra.
- No outside equipment for lighting and Sound System is allowed at Swami Vivekanand Auditorium. Nor any stage sets are allowed on the stage or anywhere else.
- Look at the following points below :-
- Kathak Kendra shall not be responsible / or liable for any loss or damage or injury of any kind to artists, organizer, guests or invitees or third party caused by any reason.
- Kathak Kendra reserves the right to alter and modify the above rules and regulations as well as booking charges at any time.
- Notwithstanding confirmation of the booking of the Hall, it is clearly agreed that Kathak Kendra reserves the right to refuse / cancel the booking of the Auditorium at any time without assigning any reason whatsoever. In such an event amount received from the booking party shall be refunded without levy of any cancellation charges and no compensation or damage shall be payable by Kathak Kendra. Further no Service Tax shall be refunded.
- It is confirmed by Artist / applicant herewith that all Seminars / programme, will be within the ‘norms of law and norms of “good moral conduct”. No programme which offends general public sentiment or sentiments of any particular group will be allowed. In such event the Kathak Kendra Management too has sole discretion to cancel the show. There will be no copyright violation and party will be alone liable for consequences.
- Kathak Kendra has the sole right at any time to control the number of visitors or refuse admission to anyone.
- Booking is non-transferable.
- Food, Drink or Unauthorized article are not allowed into the Auditorium. The Management will levy a fine for such violation and may stop the show, if so needed.
- Kathak Kendra will not be liable for any loss in case the Booking party is unable to use the Auditorium due to failure of electricity or any Other equipment, riot, strike, natural calamities or for any reason.
- Final charges will be levied at actual as per prevailing rates on show dates as per actual utilization of facilities. Any damage to the Auditorium property will be charged on actual at the time billing and this will be binding on the Booking Party. Rates will be prorata and Kathak Kendra will charge for excess usage. Kathak Kendra Staff Verbally informing the Booking Party for unauthorized excess will be considered adequate for taking deduction from the security deposit.
- Any additions or amendments to the Terms & Conditions or the Rule and Regulation made by the Management from time to time will be binding on the party booking the Auditorium. The decision of the Management in the interpretation of the term and conditions is final and binding.
- The booking party will be solely responsible for any loss / damage to any property brought for the performance or kept in the Auditorium premises. In the event of the booking of the booking party bringing in any equipment or items into the Auditorium, they shall be fully responsible for all safety, other legal / statutory requirements, third party risks, etc and the Management stands indemnified against all such risks. Any equipment brought in will need to be pre-approved in writing by Kathak Kendra Management.
- The Booking Party shall ensure that all persons brought in by them to carry out the performance including any stage workers, Sound / light operators / technician / helpers etc. fully meet the legal and statutory requirement. The Booking Party shall also be responsible for their safety, discipline etc. Kathak Kendra Management stands indemnified for any claim including third party risk which may arise on account of any injury or otherwise.
The booking party will ensure strict complaince of the above terms. The management will the right to stop / suspend the show in case of vioation of any of the terms and condition or rule and regulation without refund of any advance or show charges.
In case of No Show by the booking party / or non-attendance by guests, Kathak Kendra shall not be liable to refund any booking amount to the applicant / booking party.
E) . Booking Charges :
a) . For a slot of three hours (including AC) Rs. 10000/- per Slot
- 09.00 a.m.- 12.00 noon Rs. 10000/- Per Slot
- 01.00 p.m.- 04.00 p.m.
- 05.00 p.m.- 08.00 p.m.
(Auditorium available upto 10.00 p.m. only)
b) . For a slot of three hours (including AC) Rs. 20000/- per Slot
- In case videography is done by the agency : (for additional one hour Rs. 5000/- will be charged)
- There will also be a security deposit of Rs.25000/- (Refundable). In case of any damage to the property , the amount will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
If postponement is made more than 45 days ahead from the actual date of the programme then 50% of the amount will be returned from the booking charges, but no part of Service Tax paid will be refunded.
Above is Inclusive of Air conditioning, fixed Lights charges, Six Mikes. However if the booking party wants to extend or exceed additional 1 hour or part thereof they will have to pay Rs 5000/- (Inclusive of S. Tax) per hour, and the same will be deducted from the Security Deposit. Additional facilities provided by Kathak Kendra will be :-
(1). Using the designated Open Space provided for giving tea or snacks only during intervals. Cooking is not permitted in the premises.
(2). Gas cylinder cannot be used at all nor any other heating device. This is very important
(3). Catering is allowed with Kathak Kendra Café (Canteen) (Please contact them on Cell no : No outside catering or food is allowed, without written permission.
(4). The Space allotted to the booking party for tea or snacks has to be cleaned by the booking party before leaving the premises, otherwise an amount of Rs. 1000 for cleaning the area will be deducted from the booking party’s security deposit.
I/we understand and agree that the management has the right to stop entry or close the show for any breach of the Booking Rules by me/us without any refund to me/us.